Nearly 40 percent of Idaho homes tested for radon showed unsafe levels, which can cause serious illness for people. Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer after smoking. It is a naturally occurring gas that you can’t see, smell or taste.
“Radon is definitely a big problem because it’s so prevalent,” said Jim Faust, Radon Program manager at the Department of Health and Welfare. “The good news is that it is a fixable problem. Every home in Idaho should be tested so we can protect ourselves and our families.” Continue reading