The Department of Health and Welfare is designed to help families in crisis become as self-reliant as possible and to offer assistance to vulnerable children and adults who cannot solve their problems alone. We are dedicated to strengthening the health, safety, and independence of Idahoans. The department is a diverse organization with employees who are dedicated to protecting the health and welfare of all Idahoans.
We have three goals:
- Improve the health status of Idahoans.
- Increase the safety and self-sufficiency of individuals and families.
- Enhance the delivery of health and human services.
To achieve those goals, the department is divided into eight divisions that are integrated to provide the basics of food, health and health care, job training and cash assistance to help families become self-reliant members of Idaho communities. The divisions are:
- Licensing and Certification
- Family and Community Services
- Behavioral Health
- Welfare/Self Reliance
- Public Health
- Information and Technology
- Management Services
Learn more at the department’s website: http://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/Default.aspx