Your child broke a glow stick? Call the Idaho Poison Center

Most parents recognize the fact that fireworks and small children just don’t mix.  Glow sticks and glow jewelry are a safer alternative to bottle rockets and sparklers that can cause serious burns.  But these brightly colored glow products are soft and pliable and easily broken open, especially by children.

A child with a glowing mouth can cause some anxious moments for parents, but it’s typically not worth a trip to the emergency room. Even so, parents should call the Idaho Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222 to be sure. Continue reading

Advertisements