Idaho Poison Center can answer your Halloween safety questions

HalloweenGhostOne of the most common calls to the Idaho Poison Center at this time of year involves glow sticks. Parents often give them to their children to make them easier to see in the dark as they trick-or-treat. However, they are soft to chew on and can break open easily. If the liquid comes into contact with your child’s mouth or the eyes, it can cause stinging and a burning sensation, but there is no need to run to an emergency room. Call the Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222 and a nurse will help.

The Poison Center managed 134 calls about glow sticks last year, and the calls are on track to reach that number again this year. No spells will be cast on young spooks this Halloween with a few sensible tips from the Idaho Poison Center.  Continue reading “Idaho Poison Center can answer your Halloween safety questions”