Although COVID-19 has changed the way we work for the past five months, it hasn’t changed the need to serve Idaho’s most vulnerable residents. We want all Idahoans to be able to live their best lives.
The impact we have on those we serve is often immeasurable. We work with struggling families to make sure they have a safe place to raise their children. We assist people in crisis – whether it is a physical or behavioral health crisis. We also help people who need public assistance, while always keeping the path to self-reliance in our sight.
We are focused on our mission: Dedicated to strengthening the health, safety, and independence of Idahoans, and we keep track of our progress through our Strategic Plan. Our 2021-2025 Strategic Plan outlines our strategies to:
- Address state and community issues (e.g. affordable, available healthcare)
- Focus on public health issues and responses (e.g. COVID-19)
- Protect children, youth, and vulnerable adults (e.g. reunification of families and behavioral health services)
- Help Idahoans become as healthy and self-sufficient as possible (e.g. reduce Idaho’s suicide rates)
- Strengthen the public’s trust in confidence in DHW (e.g. prevent accumulation of ineffective, outdated regulations)
We invite you to review our Strategic Plan and Performance Reports. As we continue with our plan, we will be able to show a positive influence on Idaho’s health and human services system.Continue reading “From DHW Director Jeppesen: We remain focused on our mission to serve Idahoans. You can track our progress in our Strategic Plan and Performance Reports.”