If you ate any food or drank any beverages or used the restroom at any of the following facilities during the dates listed below, you may have been exposed to hepatitis A:
- Sonic Drive-In, 971 North Main St., Spanish Fork, from Saturday, Dec. 23, 2017, through Sunday, Dec. 24, 2017.
- Olive Garden, 1092 North Canyon Parkway, Spanish Fork, from Thursday, Dec. 21, 2017, through Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017.
- Tabitha’s Way Local Food Pantry (South County), Spanish Fork, from Thursday, Dec. 28, 2017, through Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018. Non-canned food and drink only.
- 7-Eleven, 2666 West 7800 South, West Jordan, from Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2017, through Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018.
- Fountain drink or self-serve beverage.
- Fresh fruit.
- Any item from the store’s hot food case, such as pizza, hot dogs, chicken wings, or taquitos.
- Packaged items, including bottled beverages and microwaved foods, are NOT implicated in the possible exposure.
Anyone who thinks they have been exposed should contact their healthcare provider and possibly get vaccinated.
The Salt Lake County Health Department has information about the 7-Eleven in West Jordan: http://slco.org/health/media/news/possible-hepatitis-a-exposure-at-west-jordan-7-eleven-store/.
For the Spanish Fork exposures, visit the following link: http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/south/spanish-fork/customers-possibly-exposed-to-hepatitis-a-at-two-spanish-fork/article_798bed5e-5199-51fb-b761-658ddafeaa30.html
To learn more about hepatitis A, visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hav/index.htm