By Kim Kane
Suicide Prevention Program manger, Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
This week is National Suicide Prevention Week and a great time to remember that we all have a role to play in preventing suicide! Here are some things you can do to make a difference.
Take 5! Visit www.take5tosavelives.org and complete the Take 5 Steps. Through these steps you will,
- Learn suicide warning signs
- Learn what your role is in preventing suicide
- Practice self-care by making mental wellness a priority
- Know how to reach out; help is there and recovery is possible
- Spread the word for others to Take 5!
Reach out. Research shows us that people we lose to suicide feel disconnected from others. Suicide Prevention Week is a good time to think about those in our lives who might be feeling alone and reach out. A simple text, call or email could make all the difference to someone feeling lonely. Continue reading