The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare (DHW) has launched Phase 2 of the Idaho Child Care Emergency Grant. This is a new opportunity open to all eligible childcare providers, including those who may have previously received grant funding from DHW.
Some basic details about this phase of the Idaho Child Care Emergency Grant include:
- Applications will only be accepted via email to ChildCareGrant@dhw.idaho.gov through Aug. 31.
- To qualify, a childcare program must be participating with Idaho Child Care Program and/or are licensed and open and providing full-time childcare.
- Phase 2 funding should be used to support staffing costs, cleaning and janitorial supplies and services, business operations, and transportation.
- This is not a “first-come, first-served” grant opportunity. All eligible applicants will receive at least two monthly award payments.
- Each applicant will be responsible for the recordkeeping of all required grant documentation and proof of eligible expenditures.
- Phase 2 grants will be distributed in equal monthly payments, beginning in August until the funds are depleted. Total grant amounts will be determined by provider type, as follows:
|Phase II Idaho Child Care Emergency Grant|
|Large centers (Licensed capacity of 25+ children)||$ 5,000|
|Small centers (Licensed capacity of 13-24 children)||$ 2,500|
|Licensed group homes (7-12 children)||$ 1,000|
|Family childcare homes (Up to 6 children)||$ 500|
Application information and materials are available at this website: https://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/Children/ChildCareAssistance/tabid/292/Default.aspx
The essential role of quality childcare providers in our communities is invaluable. Our hope is that this funding opportunity will assist in their continued efforts to provide healthy, safe childcare for Idaho families.
Ericka Rupp is a program manager for in the Division of Welfare.