House Bill 1 will be introduced shortly in the joint House Judiciary, Rules & Administration Committee and the Senate Judiciary & Rules Committee in the Lincoln Auditorium. Department of Health and Welfare Director Richard Armstrong will introduce the legislation and then the joint committees will hear public testimony.
DHW has provided a packet of information that includes:
- Director Armstrong’s presentation slides to introduce the bill
- Idaho Child Support fact sheet
- A map and list that shows the status of the United Interstate Family Support Act legislation in all the states. 28 states have passed it.
- Copies of DHW blog post on May 11 that outlines what’s new or different in House Bill 1.
- A list of the ways the Idaho Child Support Program safeguards data.
- A description of the procedures followed when the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement processes requests from foreign countries to locate parents in the United States who owe child support.
- A description of the procedures followed when the Idaho Child Support Program receives a request for enforcement of a foreign order from a foreign reciprocating country.
You can watch the session here: http://idahoptv.org/insession/.